Nutrition Consulting and Products
Do you want to lead the rapidly expanding sports nutrition with new, innovative and exciting products?
Dr Ian Gillam has provided nutrition product consulting to over the past 20 years to some of Australia’s major practitioner and OTC nutrition brands and manufacturers, to develop and design new and innovative sports nutrition products that meet the needs of elite sportspeople and including individuals a range of clients with chronic conditions. These companies include, Nutrition Care Pharmaceuticals, Musashi and Enzo Nutraceuticals, which based in New Zealand.
These products have included sports drinks, products to reduce training fatigue and improve athlete recovery, nutritional products that support immune function. As part of the development and marketing of these new products, Ian has been invited to presented numerous practitioner seminars outlining the research underlying these new products and their sports, exercise and clinical applications.
Ian was the program developer, organiser, a keynote lecturer and chair of the two day Symposium on Advanced Sports Nutrition for Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM), which was presented to over 60 medical practitioners.
Your Exclusive offer!
Would you like to be introduced you a new, high potency bioflavonoid pine bark based extract that can be used as an ingredient for new innovative nutrition products and that has yet to make it mark on the Australian market?
Enzo Nutraceuticals has developed Enzogenol®, a patented water extraction process to produce this extract from pine bark, which has been demontrated to have higher antioxidant and biological activity than is only other European market competitor but is significantly cheaper.
Enzogenol®contains a potent mixture of flavonoids and polyphenols, with extracts containing 60- 80% proanthocyanidins (OPCs), which have powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory actions and multifaceted therapeutic applications1,2,3. Importantly, flavonoids, including the anthocyanidins, have been shown in-vivo to cross the blood-brain barrier producing important neuroprotective, neurodegenerative and cognitive effects4, 5.
Clinical studies on PBE’s, flavonoid supplementation and Enzogenol® have demonstrated
Improved cognitive function by increasing brain-derived neurotrophic factor6, resulting in improved attention, concentration and memory7
Improvements in recovery from traumatic brain injury, including cognitive failures, mental fatigue and sleep8, 9
A prophylactic therapy for patients with recalcitrant migraine by reducing headache severity and frequency10
Reductions in blood pressure and viscosity, and improved endothelial function and cardiovascular health11
Improved in blood glucose control, HbA1c, insulin and glucagon levels12
Reduced exercise-induced muscle and RBC damage and fatigue enhanced training recovery13.
1. Ying-Ya L et al. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2015; 353: 9-16
2. Senthilmohan ST et al. Nutr Res. 2003; 23: 1199-1210
3. D’Andrea G. Fitoterpia 2010; 81: 724-736
4. Youdim KA et al. Free Rad Med Biol. 2004; 37: 1683-1693
5. Williams RJ et al. Free Rad Med Biol. 2012; 52: 45-55
6. Frevel MA et al. Food Chem Toxicol. 2012; 50: 4316-4324
7. Neshatdoust S et al. Nutrition and Healthy Ageing 2016; 4: 81-93
8. Papingas A et al. Phytother Res. 2008; 22: 1168-1174
9. Theadom A et al. Eur J Neurol. 2013; 20; 1135-1144
10. Walter A et al. Developmental Psychol. 2017; 42: 93-103
11. Chayasirisobhon S. Acta Neurologica Tiawanica. 2013; 22: 13-21
12. Shand B et al. Phytother Res. 2003; 17: 490-494
13. Bang CY et al. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2014; 66; 875-885
14. Gillam I. PhD Thesis,1996. Department of Medicine, Melbourne University